RIVERBED @ GITEX 2013
Riverbed Technology was very keen to aggressively increase its brand awareness in the lead up to and during the biggest IT trade show in the Middle East.
The main challenge was the fierce competition from the multiple IT and technology companies active in the region for attracting the interest of the same limited number of targeted journalists. GITEX is a key networking event for the industry hence huge efforts are made by all key technology players in the Middle East to communicate their latest innovations and solutions offering to customers and partners in the region. The biggest challenge faced by all is cutting through the noise…
Creativity and Process
The Active PR team kick-started preparation and planning work early – 3 months ahead of the trade show – to ensure strong results in the lead up to and at the trade show. Priority was communicating Riverbed Technology’s latest news and key messages to target media at GITEX 2013, the world’s third largest IT and technology exhibition. In addition to taking care of logistics, event preparation and more, the Agency managed a holistic PR campaign thus allowing the Client to focus on their business objectives for the show.
Active PR was keen to go into the show well prepared and targeted.
- Recommending a strategic communication plan with focused & relevant topics of discussion for GITEX 2013-related interviews
- Briefing the Client on main topics of discussion & areas of interest for the media at the show
- Advising on how to approach competitor news, industry news, regional market facts and figures
- Updating the Client on the latest coverage achieved as well as competitor activity at the show
- Promoted the company’s participation at GITEX 2013 via social media channels
- Sourced targeted Tier 1 media opportunities across various segments of media in the lead up to and during the event
The Agency exceeded the Client’s expectations by delivering 4 interviews in the lead up to the show and 8 interviews with target media during the 5 day-event (four more than initially targeted for the whole campaign) which resulted in a total of 19 articles and still counting.
Riverbed Technology successfully discussed key products and services, IT market trends and forecasts for the Middle East region with key target media thus positioning its spokespeople as thought leaders.
“PR is a key weapon for any vendor to succeed in what they want to do. I am very pleased with the amount of coverage we have achieved and I look forward to capitalizing on that. From someone who has been working with various multinational companies in the region, I am thrilled this year as we had the best experience working with our PR agency, Active PR, at GITEX 2013. The Agency did a fantastic job by keeping me very busy with the media. I do not think we would have been able to have a better year than this year. Everything is fantastic for us.”
Taj El Khayat, General Manager, MENA, Riverbed Technology.